About Me

For booking: info@ellemaxwell.com

23.10.10

Different

You ever have a dream about someone and then wake up and become that much more attracted to him or her? It’s a crazy feeling but I think I’m falling in love with the idea. Anyway…


I recently cut all my relaxed hair off and then some. I’ve always wanted to do it and just felt like it was time. Besides if I look crazy I’d rather look crazy now than when I’m blown up and the paparazzi and blog sites have a field day. Even though I once told myself I would never cut my hair off I’m absolutely glad and proud that I did! I have heard so many things from different people so far, majority of them being positive. I’ve heard comments such as “I loooove it!”, “I can’t believe you did it! it looks good!”, “love the cut, you’re the bait! Lol”, and “I can’t believe you really did it. It’s you hair though,” [blank stare]. Lol I’ve even heard that I look like somebody out of a Spike Lee flick. I love Spike Lee films so I didn’t get too bothered about that comment, plus it was my sister. I don’t know I just feel a little freer, less Americanized (no offense to anyone), and damn good! I feel like I don’t look like everyone else at the club or at the party. Plus having my natural hair allows me to do more with my hair than with a perm. I can’t even think to look at a box of relaxer.


I have noticed a small change though in the looks I get. I don’t get as many as I did from when my hair was longer and straight. I’m not offended at all but now I know what my best friend meant when she first told me that. I’m actually getting more looks from males whom I want to be attractive to. You know what I mean? I’m talking about those intellectual, eclectic, debonair, artistic type of males. I already have a dude similar to that BUT it doesn’t hurt to get a few more looks. I mean who doesn’t want that!? My point exactly. I just find it rather amusing how males act under certain circumstances and how people look at others because of the texture of their hair. That’s society, though. You either conform to look like the rest or you look “different”.


No comments:

Post a Comment